Forest School Nursery
Forest and Park are the ideal place to discover and learn through movement for children, which is one of the four foundations through which children can be taught. On top of it the others being play, talk and sensory experiences. Naturally all of these happen usually outside, this is the main reason why we decided to open Forest School Nursery.
We are based in Crouch End, North London. All our activities are using natural resources and materials, real dough, leaves and sticks that we gather with children during our Park time activity, mud.
We plan activities according to the current season, so we plant in Spring, Play with water and look after the plants in Summer, harvest in autumn, enjoy Winter walks and festive preparations for Christmas and New Year.
Our Daily regime starts at 9 when children arrive
• Free play with toys until 9.00 (if needed)
• 9.00 we are going to the park. We always plan our outside activities in advance, taking into consideration the weather. For a bad rainy day, we will prepare some seasonal craft activities indoors.
• 9.30 we are greeting each other and enjoy finger plays, craft and musical lesson
• 10.15 we listen to the story with puppets and interactive play.
• 10.30 we have a snack (delicious organic seasonal fruit)
• 10.45 we have a free play outdoors with balls, toys and natural resourses.
• 12.00-12.30 we are back indoors and get ready for lunch, older kids help with setting up the table.
• 13.00 tidying up time and time for free play with toys. Those kids who have a nap- will go with one of us to do so and listen for a lullaby.
• 13.30 story time. Interactive play with puppets. Follow-up craft activity with natural resources that we got together with kids from the park/garden during our daily time there.
• 13.50-14.00 snack time and getting ready for the trip to the park.
• 14.30- activities in the park: craft. storytelling, nature observation.
Our day care aims at provision of a safe and creative atmosphere for the children, the toys and equipment are encouraging kids to use their imagination and learn more. They are mostly uninformative and stimulate natural progression, cognitive abilities suitable for the age of children. Rhythm and repetition are widely used in our activities and they insure the child in ability to gasp logical sequence in everyday regime.
We do not use electronic equipment or toys, we encourage the child to understand and learn about the world around him in a gentle manner.
We have an enclosed garden for the children and Alexandra Palace park within easy walking distance of our house. Our home is a smoke-free environment. We have a large amount of toys, books and activities suitable for various age groups from birth to teens.